- June 27, 2018
- Posted by: Courtney Stevens
- Category: Blogs
Why Waterproof Your Basement?
A water intrusion issue is easy to ignore… until the rain strikes again. If you have noticed flooding or water intrusion in your basement, below are six reasons not to ignore this serious problem.
- The problem will only get worse over time. A basement water issue never gets better on its own. The longer you wait, the more it will cost to fix down the road.
- Resale value. Nobody wants to buy a house that has a wet basement problem. If you are selling your home, or may sell it in the future, this is an issue that could disrupt that process.
- Health issues. Moisture in your basement can cause mold that can lead to respiratory problems for you and your family.
- Air quality. When warmer air escapes your home’s upper levels, the damp air from your wet basement will make its way into your living areas.
- Dust mites. They absorb water out of the air so if your humidity levels are high they can thrive in your home. Dust mites are the number one pest triggering reactions in people with allergies and asthma.
- Damage to upstairs floors. Moisture in your basement can lead to the floors on the first level of your home becoming soaked, resulting in buckling and warping.
If you know there’s something wrong with your basement but aren’t sure where to start, the experts at Master Service Companies have got you covered. We’ll diagnose the problem and decide what solution is right for you!
To get a free, no obligation inspection and estimate, click here.
To learn more about signs of water intrusion, and the products we use to correct this, click here.